2nd Line IT Infrastructure EngineerLocation: Southampton
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 per Year
Do you have some good 2nd Line IT Support based skills? Are you looking to work as part of a great team with a fun positive culture? Are you looking to work with a growing company that is able to offer quick progression and who will pay for certifications?
The day to day responsibilities will include
• Takes ownership of incidents which cannot be solved immediately with the means of 1st Line Support.
• If necessary, they will request external support, e.g. from software or hardware manufacturers.
• Restoring a failed IT Service as quickly as possible.
• If no ad-hoc solution can be achieved, 2nd Line Support will transfer the Incident to expert technical support groups (3rd Line Support).
• If an unplanned disruption or degradation of service is found, the 2nd Line Support passes on the incident to Problem Management.
• Liaising with clients throughout the lifecycle of the service ticket.
• Prioritise and manage multiple tickets.
• Ensure that any technical issues on a service ticket are escalated efficiently.
Knowledge and Skills required ( a spread of the following i.e. the whole list is not essential).
• Exchange 2007/2016 support.
• Active Directory, Group Policy, DFS.
• Networking (switches, routers, VLANs, firewalls, VPN).
• VMware / Other Virtualisation technology (XenServer, Hyper-V, VirtualBox).
• Citrix (Presentation server, XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, Web Interface, Licensing server, Citrix Secure Gateway).
• Windows Server OS (2003 R2, 2008 R2, 2012 R2).
• Print Server.
• File Shares.
• Imaging systems (Norton Ghost, ShadowProtect, Windows Deployment Services).
• Anti-Virus and disk encryption systems (Sophos, Bitlocker, Kaspersky, Norton, ESET, Mcafee).
• Backup Technologies (Symantec Backup Exec, Veeam, AppAssure, Replay, VMware VDR/VDP, Acronis, Windows/NT Backup).
• Database Server Applications (SQL, MySQL, PROGRESS, Oracle).
Excellent opportunity with an outstanding technology company who are growing rapidily. Please apply asap - quick feedback guarenteed.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01489 858059