Java Software DeveloperLocation: Altrincham
Salary: £40,000.00 - £57,500.00
Do you have strong Java programming / software development based skills? Could you be interested to work on a globally recognised Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) product as part of a professional & committed team?
Excellent opportunity to work on a leading CAE application that is used extensively across the main players in the automotive and aviation sectors. The product is developed in Java but if your main language is C++ or C# and you have good OO knowledge you will be suitable. They are currently using Java 1.8 but moving to Java 11 soon. You will get the opportunity to use JavaFX. The team comprises of 15 Developers split into 3 Scrums. This is an excellent team environment which is highly collaborative and supportive, to maintain this, open and honest communication skills are vital. Some DB skills are required e.g Oracle but not to an advanced level. XML knowledge is desirable.
The team produces 1 major release per year and 3-4 service pack updates per year in 3 month cycles.
We are looking for candidates with the following profile:
• Significant Software development experience is either Java, C++ or C#
• Degree in Engineering (Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Industrial etc.)
• Good appreciation of software solutions and architectures
• OO design, UML
• OO programming (Java or C++)
Experience in the following is desirable:
• Working on a large code base
• Refactoring existing code and knowledge of leading techniques
• Retro-fitting unit tests to existing code
• Oracle or Postgres database systems / development environments
• Test Driven Development methods
• Development of CAD, manufacturing, enterprise-level or client / server systems
The company is part an exceedingly successful global organisation that has many opportunities for future roles, growth and progression. They are renowed for very high levels of employee engagement and well being. They are comitted to provides exception work places and you will get to use the latest technology and be proud to be part of a team that produces a best of breed product.
Excellent benefits package including Bonus, 25 days holiday, and medical. 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri working hours.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01489 858059